Zaelab is a leading digital advisory and solutions company. Through continuous innovation and substantial project experience across multiple industry segments, Zaelab removes the complexity and friction of digital platform implementation and operations. Zaelab gives its clients best-in-class tools and insights so that they can deliver exceptional customer experiences.
As the company continues its rapid growth, we are seeking a talented, experienced, multifaceted Senior Project Manager who will own the management of key client projects with the goal of delivering every project on time and within scope while exceeding client expectations.
This role can be based either in our Westport, Connecticut office or remotely from a home office. There is an expectation of travel to interface with current or prospective clients based in the U.S.
What you'll do
- Lead ecommerce projects using a blend of waterfall and agile techniques that have been adapted to the best practices we have developed to meet out clients' needs.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Work alongside an offshore development team leading sprint planning, daily standups, and other project activities as needed.
- Primary point of contact for client stakeholders, executives, and internal team members.
- Maintain the tools and documentation required for Zaelab's implementation projects
- Report project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and team members
- Collaborate within Project Management team to continuously improve our solutions and processes
- Strive to understand the technology systems and ecommerce industry that Zaelab supports
- Partner with your client to drive results, ensure project success, and seek opportunities to solve additional problems.
- Consult with clients in an advisory role on ecommerce best-practices
- Understanding of underlying technologies team uses (don’t need to code, but understand the concepts and speak to them)
- Expert use of Atlassian products (Jira & Confluence)
- Expert in project scheduling tools (MS Project, Smartsheets, etc..), ability to understand and track key performance indicators to ensure your project remains on-schedule
- Ability to ‘wear many hats’ and fill gaps where necessary. This may be business consultant, client partner, quality assurance tester, business analyst.
- Highly effective communicator, ability to align numerous stakeholders both internal and external to guide the team to success.
- Creative problem solver. The solution will rarely be provided easily; and a Project Manager must be relentless in finding and defining a path to success.
- Provide sales support to plan projects, produce proposal materials, and assist in closing new project contract
Who you are:
The successful candidate will embody and be an advocate of Zaelab’s core values, which are:
- Results: We deliver results. We produce the tangible business outcomes that matter most to our clients and employees. We are driven by an enthusiasm to meet and exceed objectives.
- Exceptional: We create exceptional experiences. We strive to make every presentation, engagement, deliverable, and solution completely memorable.
- Efficient: We provide our clients with rapid, transformative solutions. Channeling our power to drive change, we continuously innovate and enable clients to cumulatively meet objectives.
- Service: We are people-centric. Client success and satisfaction comes first, and we employ the most talented and driven people to meet client needs. We have a singular litmus test: will our clients refer or provide references for our work and our people? The answer must always be, 'Yes.'
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree
- 7+ years' experience as a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager for ecommerce projects
- 2+ years' experience as a Project Manager or Consultant with a Consulting / Professional Services company
- Working knowledge of SAP hybris, Oracle ATG, Magento, Adobe CQ or any comparable ecommerce platform
- Experience working with offshore and multinational teams from USA, Eastern Europe, India
- Experience leading teams using agile scrum practices
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Leadership skills and proven ability to own a project from start to finish
- Excellent client-facing English skills (written and verbal)
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Interest in the technology space and willing to stay up to date on new technologies and best practices
- Ability to work independently along a fast-paced team
- This is a remote role with occasional travel (30-50% travel)
- Impeccable professional references
Zaelab is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Zaelab is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Zaelab are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Zaelab encourages applicants of all ages.
Zaelab offers a highly competitive pay and benefits package, along with the collaboration, flexibility and career advancement prospects that a nimble, growing organization provides.