As a Technical Architect at Zaelab you will be the technical lead on Implementation projects for our clients. You will be responsible for designing and building high-quality, innovative software using the latest tools and technologies. You will work with our clients to understand their needs and then translate that understanding into code by working closely with a supporting team.
This is a highly visible hands-on engineering position that also provides opportunities to work with project planning, estimation, people management, systems architecture, and risk management. In this position you will be an owner of the technical project leadership, solution implementation, and be a key point of contact for the client.
- Make Technical Decisions: As a Technical Architect you are expected to use the direction of the Solution Architect and solution architecture defined for the projects you work on and make technical decisions based on the direction of the client needs. This includes working with the offshore team to ensure delivery based on the solution architecture, facilitated by creating tasks and stories
- Client Interaction: From a technical sense you will be presenting technical requirements to the client, gathering technical requirements, and working with the client to build solutions defined by the solution architecture for the projects
- Delivery Leadership: You will be responsible to ensure that the team follows the SDLC process and ensures that code quality practices are followed using tools such as Sonar, Jenkins and Git
- Delivery Guidance: You will help provide offshore teams with the context required to implement the technical stories. Additionally, you will work directly with the client and offshore team to answer any questions that are raised
- Internal Initiatives and Sales Support: As part of contributing to Zaelab and the success of the collective business you will need to dedicate time to help mentor and expand Zaelab’s offering portfolio to our clients
- Mentorship and Stewardship: As a Technical Architect you are responsible for mentoring 3-4 junior resources to become Technical Architect; this includes education plans, project role support and ongoing feedback collection on how a mentee can improve
- Customer Satisfaction: As part of your role you will ensure that client satisfaction is priority number one by working with the team on the project and being proactive to avoid issues that result due to neglect
- Minimum 5 years in systems integration and development
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience as a developer with eCommerce software such as SAP Commerce Cloud, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, or VTex
- Experience with several versions of Commerce Cloud and all components
- Experience with other eCommerce platforms is preferred
- Experience with modern architectures, such as cloud-native and micro-services
- Leadership and Management experience preferred
- Previous experience as a Lead Developer and Architect.
- Solid understanding of the eCommerce space and best practices.
- Experience in Front End solutions and integrations of jQuery, NodeJS, AngularJS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to clearly articulate technical ideas and solutions succinctly