Zaelab is a leading digital advisory and solutions company. Through continuous innovation and substantial project experience across multiple industry segments, Zaelab removes the complexity and friction of digital platform implementation and operations. Zaelab gives its clients best-in-class tools and insights so that they can deliver exceptional customer experiences.
As the company continues its rapid growth, we are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. This is a part-time role (15-20 hours per week) located in our Westport office.
The Bookkeeper's job duties will include working closely with our Finance team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate should have prior bookkeeping experience and be proficient with Quickbooks, Excel, Word, Google sheets, Google docs etc
Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Perform monthly billing and ensure collection of income accounts
- Record bill payments & accounts payable
- Complete bank and credit card reconciliations
- Assist with offshore payroll, payroll taxes
- Review, reconcile travel expense accounts
- Assist with special projects
- Proven bookkeeping experience including AP/AR
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
Zaelab is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Zaelab is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Zaelab are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Zaelab encourages applicants of all ages.
Zaelab offers a highly competitive pay and benefits package, along with the collaboration, flexibility and career advancement prospects that a nimble, growing organization provides.